Shepherd’s Hut & Bell Tents on Dartmoor
Choose from our comfy Shepherd’s Hut or our Bell Tents at Dartmoor Hill Farm.
The perfect location for glamping in the Dartmoor National Park.
Dartmoor Hill Farm
Where would you like to stay?
En Suite shower & toilet in your Sheppard’s Hut
Bring a supply of wood or order from us
Breakfast Welcome Pack
Bread, butter, milk, orange juice, cereal, eggs and yoghurts – tea and coffee
Our Shepherd’s hut has been enjoyed for a couple of years now, larger on the inside than out if that is possible.
A double bed, table and chairs, two ring electric hob with sink, fridge and enough kitchen paraphernalia to cook a meal – we do supply you with a breakfast pack of milk, butter, bread, fruit juice, some cereal and eggs along with tea and coffee, but you will need to bring along any other supplies you might like.
All bedding and towels are provided for the hut, along with bathrobes and flip flops.
The underfloor heating makes sure that after walking or exploring the area you come back to a cosy and clean space, although if you want the rustic experience you can sit around the fire pit outside withing the huts private fenced space.
The shower and w.c are mains water supplied and en-suite to the living area of the hut.
After a day out on Dartmoor enjoying the local area, what is better than sitting around the fire pit and listening to the sounds of the night under the stars?
Bring a supply of wood or order from us
Gas shower and WC. Bring your own toiletries
Gas cooker. Bring your own pans etc if you wish to cook.
Come and enjoy our two lovely 6m diameter Bell Tents. These lovely spaces have room for a king or double bed and two single 3’ beds – we have furnished them with a table and chairs so you can sit and eat inside in the cosy (or the shade) or sit and enjoy a family board game. or similar. Solar lighting is provided, but please bring a torch with you as the countryside can be dark at night.
For the evening, there is a small and cute wood burner.
Each bell tent has its own facilities pod – separate but adjacent to the tent where you will find a flushing toilet and a gas camping shower – we have hopefully made this accessible to the less abled, although sadly not for wheelchair users at this time.
Sharing the pod on the opposite side is your own camping kitchen with a gas two ringed burner and cold water tap, which, although not for drinking, is available for boiling or washing up your utensils.
There is also a fire pit for those evenings listening to the owls under the stars.
We supply one can of camping gas with a burning time of approximately 3 hours. You can then purchase another one from us.
You will need to supply your food items – we have a well-stocked shop and post office in the village ¾ mile from the farm, which is a nice stroll.
The Prince of Wales Inn is great for food and the village’s three cafés.
What You Should Bring With You
Please bring the following items with you, as they are not provided.
- Sheets, Duvet covers and pillowcases.
Bed linen can be provided (if pre-booked) at an additional cost of £20 for a single and £30 for a double.
- Towels and tea cloth
- Your holiday food and drink
- Flip flops or wellies are useful for visiting the loo at night
- Torch or two and batteries
- Warm PJs as it is cooler at night
- Soap/shampoo etc
- Sharp cooking knives and bowls if you are considering a lot of cooking
- Fire lighters and matches/lighter to light the fire pit and wood burner, logs and kindling if you do not wish to buy on-site.
- Deck chairs if you wish to sit and enjoy the views outside
- Back up battery or power bank for your phone
Things You Won't Need To Bring
- Pillows and duvets are supplied with a selection of blankets and throws
- (You may prefer to bring sleeping bags and pillowcases)
- Two toilet rolls are supplied.
- We supply a two-ring gas hob with a small gas bottle. You can buy more from us if needed
- We will supply basic crockery and cutlery, pans and utensils.
- Logs and kindling for the fire pit and wood burner can be bought on site. Please pre-order.
- We supply picnic tables/benches which can be used inside or outside the Bell Tent.
Please note that there are no charging points for mobile phones in the tents. You might like to make sure you have a battery pack that we can charge for you if required.